There is a section on amazon that a lot of people are either not aware of or overlook.
So, what is the big deal about Amazon warehouse deals?
The items in this section sometimes have ridiculously reduced prices, and who wouldn’t want to pay less? There is however what seems to be the downside, which is that the items sold in this section are, used items.
A lot of people turn their face away when they hear the word used. But the question to ask is – have these products been really used. See this post on 3 things you need to know about used products, to learn more about why you should not always shy away from used products.
Fact is that I have bought really nice items from Amazon warehouse deals and have made recommendations to people who were also satisfied with their purchase. So I am mentioning this from an experience point of view. I haven’t been dissatisfied with any product I have purchased from AWD but there sure will be people who do and this is evident in their feedback – it is only 86% which is not that good.
If you have read the post I mentioned above, you will understand that there is the possibility that the items you buy might not be good enough for your use in which case you are still eligible for a return within the amazon returns policy.
Let me break down the tags used on some of the products so that you will be better guided in making your purchase decision
Amazon classifies the condition of most of their product as
New – A brand-new, unused and unopened item in the original packaging with all of the original packaging materials included. The original manufacturer’s warranty, if any, should still apply, with details of any such warranty included
Used – An item that is no longer in the “new” state described above. Within the used section, which is the category that amazon warehouse deals falls into, the products are further classified as
- Refurbished:a product that has been professionally restored to working order. Typically, this means the product has been inspected, cleaned and repaired to meet manufacturer specifications. It may or may not be in its original packaging. The manufacturer warranty or warranty of the company performing the refurbishing services may apply to the product and should be included in the condition notes for the item.
- Like New:an apparently untouched item in perfect condition. The original plastic wrap may be missing, but the original packaging is intact. There are absolutely no signs of wear. Suitable for presenting as a gift.
- Very Good:a well-cared-for item that has seen limited use but remains in great condition. The item and its instructions are complete and undamaged, but may show some signs of wear. The item works perfectly.
- Good:the item shows wear from consistent use, but remains in good condition. The original instructions are included, and are in acceptable condition. The item may be marked or identified, and show other signs of previous use. The item works perfectly and is in good overall shape.
- Acceptable:the item is fairly worn, but it continues to work perfectly. The signs of wear can include scratches, dents and other aesthetic problems. The box and non-essential instructions may be missing or damaged. The item may be marked or identified, and show other signs of previous use.
Most of the times, items classified as “refurbished”, “like new” or “very good”, are almost as good as new and more importantly, the prices are amazing.
20% Discount – You cant afford to miss it
And here is more good news for students
Until 11th November 2016, if you are registered as a student on Amazon, you are eligible for a 20% discount on any AWD product
If you are not registered, see this guide on how to register.
A student friend of mine recently purchased a camera that was classed as used and saved a whooping £271. The product description stated that there was a scratch at the bottom and I have since been looking for that scratch. The packaging was superb and there was no single indication that the camera was used.
And currently, you get £100 cash back from canon, when you buy this camera directly from Amazon and not a 3rd party (Offer ends January 18, 2017)
So if this is what a used product looks like, its goodbye from me, to new products.
You will get similar offers from all product ranges including electronics, computer and accessories, grocery, kitchen items, home goods, sport equipment and accessories, clothing, mobile phones and computer games. Basically everything. This is obviously dependent on availability, just the same way we provide you with discounted products from different merchants at salescache, when they become available.
Tell us in the comments section below, if you have been satisfied or dissatisfied with you purchase from Amazon warehouse deals.
PS – If you would like us to notify you of heavily discounted products from over 100 merchants, when we find them, sign-up to our mailing list here http://salescache.co.uk/signup. You can edit your preferences, to help us tailor what we send to you, to your specific needs